Saturday, February 28, 2009

About Scientific Chick

My name is Julie and I am an Assistant Professor of Neurology at the National Core for Neuroethics and the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health at the University of British Columbia (UBC) in Vancouver, Canada. My research interests are situated at the intersection of dementia, technology and communications. I hold a PhD in Neuroscience from UBC during which I studied how aging affects the brain. Throughout my studies, I realized that new developments in the life sciences can really be relevant in our everyday lives. This blog is my way of sharing this knowledge and hopefully make science a little less intimidating. All my posts on Scientific Chick are 100% based on original scientific articles or conference proceedings, never on a news article or other types of media. You can count on getting the real information and an honest opinion, albeit sometimes biased by my love for cheezy poofs.

In my spare time, I enjoy various ways of oxygenating my brain such as sailing and cycling up and down mountains as fast as I can.

____________________________________________________________
New to Scientific Chick?

You may want to start with the Top 5:

1) Cell phones as a treatment for brain diseases
2) Interview with the swine flu
3) Eat less, live longer (maybe) (Follow-up here)
4) Monkeys outsmarting human children
5) Erasing memories: practical or disastrous?

One response to “About Scientific Chick”

Fawn said...

Way to go, Julie! I already knew you were awesome, of course, but now even more people will know! :)

 
© 2009 Scientific Chick. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz